Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fundraising, Ethics, and so much more.

Hey everyone,

Just a few updates from your friendly treasurer - if you read this blog, you'll actually know these things a day or two before the greater student body.

#1 A fundraiser is coming your way. Save the date for April 17, in which Rutgers Camden will host a "Law Revue" of the talented. It will be emceed by the one and only Mike Peacock (I'll leave it to him to make up a clever slogan). Cost: $7, and the proceeds go DIRECTLY back to the SBA budget, which goes to student groups, who spend it on the awesome programs that they put on.

#2 There's an ethics committee. Jen Budd is the chair of it, and she is doing an excellent job so far. So, if you're thinking about ethics in our school, she's a good person to get in touch with.

#3 Budget guidelines have been submitted to the Rules & Oversight Committee to review. That means that if you are a rising student organization e-board member, next year, when planning your budget requests, you'll have a clear picture of what kind of events the SBA is hoping to fund.

#4 I'm leaving the state for the summer, and I want to make sure that if you spent your own money on behalf of your group, you get it back in your pocket before I leave! So, by all means, drop it off in my mailbox, email me, whatever it takes, we'll get it done. My email is aharber@camden.rutgers.edu.